Sunday 19 February 2017

I love free-motion work!

As part of my most recent module at college, I started doing more free-motion work. I'd done some before, without a free-motion foot, but not very much. I think I decided to do it more here because the concept seemed to suggest embroidery and I was NOT going to do it by hand (too time-consuming for college). So I got a Bernina foot #24 and watched some videos on YouTube.

I found out that not only can you do absolutely beautiful embroidery by free-motion, but you can make lace! It took a few goes to get anything really good, but I soon picked it up.

Free-motion lace

Free-motion lace


Free-motion embroidered Celtic Knot design



Helpful sources on YouTube include:





There were some others too, but I can't find them anymore.

There is also this fascinating ebook I found (please note I do not have the rights to this ebook, but I don't know where I found it).

singer-sewing-machine-art-embroidery

There are more of my samples on the Pinterest board for this module. Free-motion is my new favourite thing! :D


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home